Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Shibumi Award - A Noble Cause


Shibumi - The Japanese concept of effortless perfection, a state of mind in harmony and awareness, a noble cause.

Pete at My GPS Camera Phone feels that LifePrints is worthy of this award. I am deeply honored. He explained to me that his wife had once mentioned starting a newspaper dedicated to good news. I told him I think she should because then she would share in the joy that I've found in writing this blog.

There is something special about being on the look out for positive ideas, people, and events. It has changed my perspective. Instead of immersing myself in what the mass media wants me to know (which apparently is mostly warnings that the world is in decline and we all want to kill each other), I go out searching for what makes each day worth living.

One of my blogger friends, Chrissy stumbled on something profound. She said, "I wish the news focused on positive things like this (Mariane Pearl) instead, but I guess they're just a lot more rare."

Chrissy, the good things are not rare, they are just undervalued and ignored by the powers that be. Somewhere along the way the media complex decided that we'd rather hear about murder and destruction than birth and peace. They made bigger profits from dragging out scandal. Uplifting stories of cooperation just weren't page turners.

My readership is modest. LifePrints is a drop in the bucket but that's okay because there are more drops like me. Collectively we can make a huge difference. Yesterday while watching a YouTube video about Dennis Kucinich I heard him echo something I've always felt in my heart. He said essentially that a mindset of war creates war and a mindset of peace creates peace.

This translates to everything we do. A mindset of negativity creates negativity. A positive blog like LifePrints fosters harmony and so on. I love what I'm doing. Every post is a pleasure to write and an exercise in faith. I cannot tell you how excited I am that others read it and find value in it. All I can say is pass on the feeling, in whatever way you chose. Keep it going around the world until the mindset of war, destruction, lack, fear and doom no longer rule the day.

I'd like to pass this award on to a few bloggers who I think are lights in the darkness. Read a few of their posts and you will quickly see what I mean.

Mike at Mr. Grudge

Mauro at 1 Million Love Messages

Lisa at Positive Sisters

Congratulations. Keep shining! I love your blogs and hope that you keep posting for a long time to come.
Lisa

15 comments:

franscud said...

Hi Lisa,
Congrats on the well deserved award. I think part of the reason blogs are becoming so popular is that people are trying to circumvent that mass media wall of negativity. I'm a big fan of Kucinich too. If he ever had a chance to really get his ideas across, he might catch some people's attention.

Mr. Grudge said...

Hi Lisa, I am so thrilled and honored you will never begin to know. This makes my Thanksgiving even more special as I consider you to be an important writer and would never believe that my writing is in the same category as yours. Please read my blog and see my post where I thank you in the proper manner and display this wonderful award. Thank you so much, you're a kind and generous person. Be well, and enjoy! -Michael.

Lisa McGlaun said...

Francis,

I watched Kucinich closely during the last debate. I didn't know that much about him but when he spoke I heard something I liked. They only let him have about 6 minutes of air time.

I've been catching up by looking at things on YouTube and reading as much as I can. I'm very fascinated by what he says and on most accounts I think he is right on the money.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Lisa

Lisa McGlaun said...

Mike,

You're welcome. You deserve it. I'll attempt to accept your compliment with grace..usually I'm not so good at that..lol. Have a great holiday weekend.

Hugs,
Lisa

Mr. Grudge said...

Hi Lisa,
I was so busy thanking you, I never actually CONGRATULATED you as you received this award as well! No wonder my wife thinks I'm a bit slow sometimes (she doesn't really). You really are a terrific blogger, and you'll read why I think so on my blog. Once again, enjoy the holiday tomorrow, and Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lisa! thanks for the award. you are so right, positive news and events arent valued as much by mainstream media which is why i started my blog. i love your site as well. thanks again and enjoy the holidays.

Lisa Rose
Positive Sisters

Lisa McGlaun said...

Mike,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too. Thanks for the compliments. It's very sweet of you.

Best Wishes,
Lisa

Lisa McGlaun said...

Lisa,

Enjoy the award and pass it on to someone you think is worthy. Have a great day.

Peace,
Lisa

Windyridge said...

Thanks for stopping by one of my blogs. I am glad you enjoyed the white deer.

Lisa McGlaun said...

Windy,

You're welcome. Have an awesome Thanksgiving.

Peace,
Lisa

Peter said...

Hi! Congradulations on the award and Happy Thanksgiving. Regards Peter.

peteej said...

You totally deserve it! Thanks for the link. congrats to the new recipients - I'll be sure to visit your sites.

I'd love to see Kucinich in the White House, but I don't think the media will allow it do anything to help him. Six minutes airtime in a debate is hardly fair. I don't see how the media can host debates like they do and not be breaking any sort of campaign laws. Your post is right on the mark, keep up the positivity. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Lisa McGlaun said...

Peter,

Thank you. So glad you stopped by..:)

Peace,
Lisa

Lisa McGlaun said...

Pete,

You're welcome. No problem. Hope my modest readership brings you some additional traffic.

I'm still researching the candidates but so far I like Kucinich and Obama.

Have a great day,
Lisa

Villager said...

Congratulations on receiving this blogging award. I flowed to your village from recent review of Positive Sisters.

Anyhow, keep doing what you're doing!

peace, Villager