Friday, July 20, 2007

1 Million Love Messages - Giving the World a Big Hug

Love makes the world go round. That's a worn out, oft repeated phrase. I like author Franklin P. Jones verson better. Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Blogger, Mauro from Portugal, agrees with me. Last year he started a project he calls 1 Million Love Messages - 1 blog, 1 million love messages from around the world. http://www.1millionlovemessages.com/.
His goal is to post 1 million messages sent to his blog from all over the world. Reading the posts brought tears to my eyes. What did I find that made me cry? Emotion, pure, raw emotions that all human beings share. I think we forget sometimes that we are all the same and have one underlying basic need. No matter where we are from, how or if we worship God, what we look like, or where we work, we need love and lots of it.

On 1 Million Love Messages there are the expected letters from one lover to another but the ones that tugged at my heart were the ones that reminded me that love comes in many different forms and is expressed in a many ways as there are stars in the sky.

A mother expresses remorse to her son for decisions she knows hurt him. A man praises his brother for a job well done. A woman writes to her deceased husband on father's day. A man sends some love out to his pet cat and ferret. One woman wrote a love letter to herself, an encouragement that things will get better, just keep trying.

You and I can be part of Mauro's admirable quest. On the blog is a submit button asking for participants. Click it, open the new email message and let that special someone or animal know that you care. Post poetry, videos, song lyrics, letters, pictures...be creative. I can't think of a better way to honor that love and spread some positive energy around the globe.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa. I can be one of those million. I'll check it out.

Mauro C. said...

Thanks a lot for your support Lisa :-)
I loved your text :-)
Really really thanks
Best regards

Lisa McGlaun said...

No Problem, Mauro. I believe in what you are doing so I'm glad to help you out.